Gas chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (GC-MS/MS) couples the gas phase with tandem mass spectrometry, which is equivalent to adding mass spectrometric information of ions to GS/MS to enhance structure resolution and characterization. GC-MS/MS has higher detection sensitivity and identification accuracy compared with GC-MS and can be applied to the accurate identification of target chemical compounds in complex matrix backgrounds.
Introduction of GC-MS/MS Data Analysis Services
GS-MS/MS has been widely used in the fields of environmental analysis, food analysis, and biological material analysis, and has become an effective tool for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of trace compounds. GS-MS/MS can only be used for the detection of target compounds, and the mass spectrometry parameters of each compound are first set before the analysis, and they are scanned in segments according to the different retention times, and a limited number of specific ions are detected in a specific time period. CD Genomics provides simultaneous qualitative and quantitative analysis of a wide range of targets and can help customers solve problems with compound detection in chemical, biological, and environmental analysis through GS-MS/MS data analysis services.
Figure 1. A comprehensive optimization of sample preparation for GC-MS/MS-based metabolomics in U. maydis. (Phan ANT, et al., 2020)
Project Workflow of GC-MS/MS Data Analysis Services
How Can We Help You
Choosing our GC-MS/MS data analysis services can help you solve the following problems.
- GS-MS/MS data analysis can be used to obtain qualitative information on the major components of drugs, impurities, and parent ions of other substances by sub-ion scanning, which can help customers identify unknowns, peptides, and protein amino acid sequences.
- GS-MS/MS data analysis can be used to analyze pesticide residues in agricultural products.
- GC-MS/MS can be applied to air, soil, and water dibenzofuran, sulfur, and phenol detection for environmental pollutant monitoring.
- GC-MS/MS can be applied to the analysis of aromatic compounds such as fatty acids, esters, aldehydes, alcohols, and terpenes in food and beverages.
- GC-MS/MS can be applied to detect a variety of inborn metabolic diseases and can detect trace compounds in the urine of patients with genetic metabolic disorders.
Can CD Genomics help me generate raw data?
Yes, we can. With advanced instrumentation, a high-coverage self-built database, and experienced metabolomics experts, we can provide you with GC-MS/MS detection services.
How should I prepare and send my samples?
If you require our GC-MS/MS detection services, please send samples as requested in the form below and contact us.
|Minimum requirement per sample
|Storage and transportation
|Snap freeze in liquid nitrogen.
Store at -80 ℃.
Ship with dry ice.
|Feces and intestinal contents
|1 x 107 cells
- Phan ANT, Blank LM. GC-MS-Based Metabolomics for the Smut Fungus Ustilago maydis: A Comprehensive Method Optimization to Quantify Intracellular Metabolites. Front Mol Biosci. 2020 Aug 19; 7: 211.